My hair is reasonably long and it’s nice to get it off my neck when it’s hot so I often put it in a bun during the summer. The secret to getting a sleek flawless bun that holds well is spiral hair pins! As they spiral through your hair they create a very strong grip, interlocking each other and the hair strands.
- Tie up your hair in a ponytail as high or low as you like.
- Pull the hair of the ponytail to one side of your head and twist the hair in the ponytail in one direction
- Once you have twisted about half way down, bring the ponytail over the top of the hair tie to the other side of your head and continue twisting
- Bring the hair under the ponytail to the other side
- Continue twisting and wrapping around the hair tie until there is no hair left
- Insert a spiral pin where the hair ends
You may need to use more than one pin to secure your hair. I usually use three or four.
Buzzfedd also has a great article, 21 hair styles using spiral pins.