Maxine’s Challenge week 12 is now complete. I’m pleased to say that I stuck with it as best I could. Twleve weeks is a long time. To some the challenge would be a real lifestyle change too. My actual weight isn’t much different, although there has been a drop of about 2% in my body fat. I think this is mostly due to getting lazy. I also think my starting size played into it a little bit. I’m probably considered average so it’s not like I needed to lose any weight at all, just tone up & shape my muscles.
RELATED: Maxine’s Challenge
What did I learn?
- greek yoghurt mixed with protein powder is awesome!
- Maxine’s protein powder combined with 200mL milk in a blender tastes like a McDonald’s thickshake
- I don’t need to eat as much as I do
- I don’t need to snack as often as I do
- I can drink water even when I’m not thirsty
- green tea with jasmine is a great hot beverage alternative to tea or coffee
- I can probably get away with doing three proper workouts a week and continue to eat what I would normally eat
Would I do it again?
Yes but only if my husband does it at the same time. It gets really hard to eat properly if he isn’t prepping any of our meals or when he does its steak & chips or something like that. Also if he were doing it he might be able to convince me to join the gym (I have a slight aversion to this). A gym membership would make it so much easier as they have all of the equipment. I found it really hard at the end to complete any of the weight training at home.
Which Maxine’s products are best?
Maxine’s Burn Protein Bars – the Double Choc Fudge and Cookies & Cream are my favourite!
Maxine’s Burn Low Carb Cookie – eating cookies as part of the meal plan during a fitness challenge? Yes please!
Maxine’s Burn Protein – The chocolate or strawberry flavours taste just like a thickshake from Macca’s.
Maxine’s Night Slow Release Protein Powder – help your body repair and recover while you sleep.
Skip to another week:
Maxine’s Challenge week 1
Maxine’s Challenge week 2
Maxine’s Challenge week 3
Maxine’s Challenge week 4
Maxine’s Challenge week 5
Maxine’s Challenge week 6
Maxine’s Challenge week 7
Maxine’s Challenge week 8
Maxine’s Challenge week 9
Maxine’s Challenge week 10
Maxine’s Challenge week 11
Maxine’s Challenge week 12
Maxine’s Challenge Review