It was quite a while ago now, but Harley’s first birthday was on January 13. I wanted to celebrate but because it was a Tuesday and I had worked all day I didn’t really have the energy for much. I decided to make some dog cupcakes or pupcakes.
After trolling for recipes on Pinterest, I found a dog cupcake recipe that I liked but more importantly, had the ingredients for.
I think it’s safe to say that he enjoyed it very much. We did make him wait for quite a while. Yet he sat there happily posing for photos. I’m glad so glad we trained Harley to sit and stay.
I wasn’t about to let him eat all six of the pupcakes, so I shared the love with some friends of mine that also have dogs.
RELATED: Harley the Pomeranian Gets a New Toy
I did modify the recipe a bit, mostly because there are some ingredients I don’t have the patience to measure! The full recipe can be found at Cake Crumbs.
Some other ingredients you could use in these dog friendly cupcakes
- pumpkin puree
- whole wheat flour
- peanut butter frosting
- cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/8 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 carrot
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 2 small potatoes
- pet safe food colouring
- dog treats
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Line or grease a muffin tray with 6 liners
- Grate the carrot
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until combined
- Divide evenly between muffin liners
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Set pupcakes aside to cool completely
- Peel and chop the potatoes
- Boil the potatoes in water until they are tender
- Drain the water from the potatoes then mash the potatoes until smooth
- Add the food colouring to the mashed potatoes and mix until the colour is consistent
- Allow mashed potato to cool before placing in a ziplock bag with the bottom corner cut off
- Pipe mashed potato onto pupcakes and garnish with dog treats
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 210Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 5g