Breakfast is my absolute favourite meal of the day, and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will eat breakfast before I leave the house. I choose toast or cereal most days, but sometimes I like to switch it up. Porridge or pancakes are great for days when I have a bit more time. But when I started working out, I discovered the beauty of eating a high protein breakfast to give me the energy to start my day.
I generally have all of the ingredients on hand, so it’s often an easy choice. This high protein breakfast is often on high rotation during the winter, as I prefer a warm breakfast to warm me from the inside.
Breakfast Protein Mug
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 tbs peanut butter
Peel the banana and break into pieces in a mug then microwave for about 30 seconds
Mash the banana then add the peanut butter, stir to combine
Add the oats, stir to combine
Add the milk, stir to combine
Microwave for 30 seconds, give it a stir then microwave for another 20-30 seconds
- putting the banana in the microwave makes it much easier to mash, this also helps the peanut butter melt & is easier to mix.
- I used crunchy peanut butter for added texture
- this is best made in a mug as you can stir as vigorously as needed without making much mess
- while I haven't tested it, any kind of milk should work or even water
- I have also added this recipe to myfitnesspal, just search for 'Breakfast Protein Mug'
- unfortunately, this recipe isn't my own creation, credit goes to PopSugar
Nutrition Information (based on the brands I used)
kJ - 2,107 F - 21 C - 65 P - 15