Another year has come to an end. Here is the 2015 review the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year. Refresh your memory with the original post about my 2015 Goals.
- Put the phone away– I had moderate success here. I think the getting away from social media has helped with this. I have also turned my emails off on my phone while I am on holidays over Christmas & New Year.
- Get away from social media– Success! Back in July, the day before my birthday actually, I decided to delete the Facebook & Facebook messenger apps off my phone. I was quite busy that weekend so I didn’t really notice it. I’m proud to say that I haven’t caved in & reinstalled them. I don’t think I have replaced it with anything else really either.
- Bake for people at work– While I was hoping to do this once a month I probably managed to bake something once every two months.
- Read 26 books– I surpassed this goal. I read 39 books, about half of which were audiobooks & 11 were fan fiction. I also listened to the Harry Potter series at least once, I find it very relaxing & calming.
- Crochet something for myself– I made Baymax, from Big Hero Six. I saw the movie & thought he would be very easy to crochet. He was not that easy though. I had trouble with the fingers because they are so small & the legs because they do not continue in the round. I’ve also made myself a pair of shorts & a 3/4 sleeve top.
- Journal– I’m not sure I even made it to the end of January with this goal! The problem is that I think faster than I can write. I might look into an online journal. I would still really like to journal, I guess I just don’t have the time.
- Put away every $5 note– I made it to just after mid-year with this one. I had about $65 stashed away which I ended up using on Christmas presents.
- Write a letter to my nan at the end of every month – Again, I didn’t do so well in this last year. Instead, I called her. We normally talk for half an hour about all sorts of things. I only managed to visit her once in 2015 but I am planning on visiting her for a few days before I go back to work.
Health & Fitness
- Meatless meals – Many of the meals I had for lunch at work were meatless. I had lots of rice & quinoa with a variety of vegetables.
- Stand up while talking on the phone– This really was just an excuse for me to get up from my seat. I think I actually get away from my desk quite a bit. Between the printer, bathroom and the kettle, I probably get up minimum once an hour.
- Run 2km in 10 minutes– This is the third year that I have failed with this goal. I really was hoping to start running again when the weather got warmer but it didn’t happen. I did join the gym in February though!
- Run/jog 5km without having to slow to a walk– Again, I have failed. I think I did get pretty good at running around April but once you have too many days off you lose progress.
I need a bit more time to decide what goals I would like to achieve in 2016. It might also help if I make the goals a little less specific.