A while back, I had some cream in the fridge but didn’t seem to have a use for it. So I did some googling & came upon this recipe. Lucky for me, I had everything it required.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons coffee powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (plus additional for sprinkling)
2 cups milk
1 1/4 cups chilled heavy cream, divided
1 tablespoon Kahlúa or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- Whisk first 3 ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in heavy medium saucepan.
- Whisk in milk and 1 cup cream.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
- Divide among 6 small bowls. Cover and chill until cold, about 4 hours.
- Whisk 1/4 cup cream and Kahlúa in small bowl until peaks form.
- Spoon atop puddings & sprinkle with cinnamon.