buck·et list noun. a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.
A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you’re past your prime & kick the bucket, meaning die. This isn’t an exhaustive or final list, I’m sure there will be much more to add as I continue through life. I have tried to make them as specific as possible, although most of the specific goals have I already completed. Some require funding or travel & all need a fair bit of planning, but most really just require my time. You will also notice that most of them are experiences rather than material things. A lot of the material things I have already acquired & are on my Reverse Bucket List.
My Bucket List
- Celebrate a white Christmas
- Walk on the Great Wall of China
- See the Pyramids of Giza
- Write a book
- See the Aurora Australis (Southern Lights, pictured above)
- See the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights)
- Experience a hot air balloon
- Be a member of the audience on a TV show
- Go to a masquerade ball (I already have a mask!)
- Donate a week’s gross wages to a charity (in one transaction)
- Make a quilt
- Try starfruit
- Trade shares on the stock market (either Australian Stock Exchange or international markets)
- See a live fashion show
- Pay off my mortgage in 12-15 years
- Own a holiday house
- Own an investment property
I’d love to know what’s on your bucket list, we might share some of the same goals!
RELATED: Reverse Bucket List
If you’re looking for things to add to your bucket list, bucketlist.org has thousands of ideas. You can even keep track of your goals as well as get inspired by others sharing similar goals.