Starting a blog has been on my mind for a little while, I have finally decided to bite the bullet and give it a go.
It’s fitting that the first blog post is about my 2014 resolutions. I created these in the first week of January but am yet to share them with anyone. They started off in point form but I have expanded them since those reading this know absolutely nothing about me.
- Wear jeans less often – I feel like I always wear jeans, they are my go to. I feel like I’m known as the person that always wears jeans.
- Read 100 books – I love to read & have been keeping track of the books I have read since 2011.
- Create a blog & possibly a youtube channel – ta da!!
- Seriously consider further study – I feel like I should be looking to improve my career & branch out a little.
- Run 2km in 10 minutes – This was also on last years list too. I have managed a new personal best this year.
- Run/jog 5km without having to slow to a walk – I don’t think I can call myself a runner if I have to slow to a walk because I am out of breath or have a stitch I can’t call myself a runner. Silly, I know.
- Wrte a letter to my nan at the end of every month – My nan lives about 3 hours away & I only get to see her a few times a year. It’s also hard to make the time to pick up the phone. So I can update her on my life through letters.
- Start saving – I’d like to start investing & would like a little nest egg to start off with. It also doesn’t hurt to have some funds available in case of an emergency.
- Garden more – I find weeding quite rewarding so I’m sure I can find something else to do in the garden that makes me feel the same way.
- Move the office into a bedroom – Again the office space is not very functional where it is at the moment.
- Continue to experiment in the kitchen with both sweet & savory foods – This was on my list last year & I did really well with it. I really like to experiment in the kitchen. I also think that some of my best recipes came out of just making it up as I go.
- Meal plan – I’m tired of getting home after work & realising something needs to be organised for dinner. I hope to sit down once a week or so & plan what is for dinner. Then I can make sure we have the ingredients on hand & we know what’s expected at dinner.
- Stop using credit cards to pay for things – I don’t want to rely on credit cards to pay for larger things like car registration & rates.
- Clean out the spare bedrooms – We have been in our house for one and a half years now & still have a ‘junk room’, I’d just like the rooms to be more functional.