I was lucky enough to be in North America in November where I sampled many Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
There aren’t many Starbucks stores in Australia & I’m quite sure they don’t sell any of the wonderful seasonal American treats. Lucky for me, once I had tried a Pumpkin Spice Latte I had an idea of how I could replicate it at home.
To me a Pumpkin Spice Latte tastes like a chai latte crossed with a strong coffee. And I mean strong. There is no hint of pumpkin, as with many pumpkin or pumpkin spice flavoured treats. The spices generally used are cinnamon, nutmeg & cloves.
My friends have just finished building their first house & have finally moved in. I know when we moved in we had to do a massive trip to the supermarket to get everything we needed from cleaning supplies to fresh food. We were lucky enough to receive a huge hamper for our engagement party that had the majority of the kitchen utensils & oven trays.
• Dishwashing liquid
• Rubber gloves
• Kitchen wipes
• Glass wipes
• Air freshener spray
• Pain killers
• Bathroom/kitchen cleaner
• Tea towels
• Blue loo
• Kitchen cloths
• Hand soap
• Bunnings voucher
Some things I will include if I make up another basket:
• Tissues – always handy to have in a few spots around the house
• Toilet paper – you can never have too much
• Candles – for when the power goes out
Some other great ideas for housewarming gifts are:
• Indoor plant – because they are generally difficult to kill
• Lawn ornament – they make a great talking piece. Although I suggest putting it in the back yard to save it from getting stolen.
• Door mat – my grandmother purchased ours